Monday, March 30, 2009

Thank You Marck Ortmans & the Amazing People at MYM !











































Jeff Skoll was not the only extraordinary person I met during my week in London.

The people at Make Your Mark was awesome.

Marilise and Chris was extremely kind to gather this group of talented and smart MYMers around the table and gave us (Matt from Australia, David from Lebanon and me) a few minutes each to present GEW'08 in our respective countries.

I went first and showed our GEW08 slides, which, Vivian took great pains to prepare. The painful part in preparing slides is me, the one with ever shifting needs and ever increasing standards.

Thank you Marc Ortmans for these photos - if not for you, I would not have anything to show my team ;-)

Scott Cain, the breezy Deputy CEO of MYM is a man with the beat. Scott spent time, amidst his busy schedule talking to me about entrepreneurship and how to build a successful campaign.

Scott then introduced me to his team members, one by one. There was Phil Tubba of Social Enterprise, Tori James (the youngest British Lady to scale Mount Everest, check her out at www.torijames.com), Kate, Dr Dan the Digital Guru and many more extraordinary people.

I must have looked dazed and tired, the folks at MYM could tell. I was just exhausted from the travels but the mind was just taking in everything.

Finally, it was Oli, who came and spent time with us during dinner. Oli was also great, he came by the next day to attend the Young Brits Awards (more on it later) and walked me back to MYM office. We spent some time talking and catching up with things. Oli is keen to see Make Your Mark with a Tenner take off in Malaysia.

To all the folks in MYM and to Oli Barret : a huge THANK YOU for taking super care of me whilst I was there. Everyone of you deserve a huge hug ! I will do the same when you are in Malaysia...

Cheers

No comments: